Relevant Work Experience
Lead Front End Developer April 2016 - Present
Front End Developer February 2012 - April 2016
I collaborate with small teams to develop websites for our clients.
- Front end dev on approximately 100 projects on various platforms
- Developed workflow for cross-browser and device testing websites
- Leading front end team push for web accessibility, performance, and component-based design
- Training new team members on our best practices
Owner August 2008 - Present
I work with clients to bring their visions for their sites to life.
- Front end for marketing landing pages for Corus Entertainment
- Maintenance work on GenieCompany.com
- Various WordPress blogs and websites
Berklee Online (formerly Berklee Media / Berkleemusic.com)
Front End Developer May 2009 - January 2012
I created new marketing pages and HTML emails during big marketing pushes, and the rest of the time updated old legacy sections of the website with new designs and standards-compliant HTML.
- Implemented new designs for the homepage, various landing pages, and other parts of the berkleemusic.com site (now online.berklee.edu)
- Created and implemented designs for emails, landing pages, and pages to go on partners' websites
- Worked with development and design teams to release the Berklee Music Network
- Worked with a team to implement new design for Berklee's learning management system, which handles the Berklee online courses
The Christian Science Monitor
HTML Production Assistant June 2007 - May 2009
I started keeping the front page of the website updated with the latest news, and later I was moved to the development team to work on our wordpress microsites and prepare for an upcoming redesign and new CMS.
- Worked with the web production team to keep the homepage updated with new and relevant news throughout the day
- Created a flash audio player to play audio files on the front page of the site
- Worked with the development team to help complete a new Christian Science Monitor political site for coverage of the 2008 elections
- I worked as part of a two person development team (a designer and myself) on the Little Bill Clinton minisite, which won an Online Media Marketing and Advertising Award (OMMA) in Web site excellence in 2008
Relevant Skills and Software
This is not a comprehensive list, but should touch on the things I thought I would be most relevant. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!
I'm comfortable with...
- CSS (BEM naming is my jam)
- Creating responsive websites
- Browser compatibility (extensive IE8+ experience, also IE6/7)
- HTML5 Audio & Video
- Web accessibility
- Front-end performance
- AngularJS, VueJS
- CMS: Sitefinity, WordPress, BigCommerce, Orchard and more
- HTML e-mails (including responsive emails)
I've used the following software...
- Jira, Trello, TeamworkPM
- Invision, Zeplin
- Wordpress, BigCommerce, Sitefinity
- Version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial)
I've been learning about...
Education and Activities
University of Massachusetts, AmherstFall 2002 - Spring 2007
- Graduated with a Bachelor's Degree with Individual Concentration (BDIC) in Computer Graphics and Design (BA) and Japanese Minor
- I was an Undergraduate Teaching Assistant For Fundamentals of Graphic Communication (2004-2007) - responsibilities included teaching a lecture (my chosen lecture was on interface design relating to video games), helping students with technical difficulties during lab classes, and meeting students outside of class for office hours.
- President of the UMass Video Game Club (2004-2005)