Relevant Work Experience
Lead Front End Developer April 2016 - Present
Front End Developer February 2012 - April 2016
I collaborate with small teams to develop websites for our clients.
- Front end dev on a variety of sites for many different clients and on multiple platforms.
- Developed workflow for developing and testing websites on a variety of devices and browsers.
- Leading front end team push for better web accessibility, performance, and component-based design
Owner August 2008 - Present
I work with clients to bring their visions for their sites to life.
- Developed the Christian Science Monitor's DC Decoder Tumblr Theme
- Fraunces Tavern Museum website design and development. Also designed a Fraunces Tavern Museum brochure.
- ...and many more!
Berklee Online (formerly Berklee Media / Berkleemusic.com)
Front End Developer May 2009 - January 2012
At Berklee I spent the majority of my time getting PSDs from our designer and converting them into web pages on our site. I was part of a push toward more accessible pages and a more well-coded website in general. My time was split between creating new pages and updating old legacy sections of the site.
- Implemented new designs for the homepage, various landing pages, and other parts of the berkleemusic.com site (now online.berklee.edu)
- Created and implemented designs for emails, landing pages and pages to go on partners' websites
- Worked with development and design teams to release the Berklee Music Network
- Worked with a team to implement new design for Berklee's learning management system, which handles the Berklee online courses
The Christian Science Monitor
HTML Production Assistant June 2007 - May 2009
My first job out of college; I grew leaps and bounds here. I started with keeping the front page of the website updated by hand to exhibit the latest news and later, I was a part of the development team bringing our WordPress minisites to life to help adapt our websites to the quickly changing atmosphere of online publications.
- Worked with the web production team to keep the homepage updated with new and relevant news throughout the day
- Created a flash audio player to play audio files on the front page of the site
- Worked with the development team to help complete a new Christian Science Monitor political site for coverage of the 2008 elections
- I worked as part of a two person development team (a designer and myself) on the Little Bill Clinton minisite, which won an Online Media Marketing and Advertising Award (OMMA) in Web site excellence in 2008
Relevant Skills and Software
This is not a comprehensive list, but should touch on the things I thought I would be most relevant. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!
I'm comfortable with...
- Creating responsive websites
- HTML5 Audio & Video
- Browser compatibility (extensive IE8+ experience, also IE6/7)
- WordPress, BigCommerce, Orchard, Sitefinity
- HTML e-mails (including responsive emails)
I've been learning about...
- Web accessibility
Education and Activities
University of Massachusetts, AmherstFall 2002 - Spring 2007
- Graduated with a Bachelor's Degree with Individual Concentration (BDIC) in Computer Graphics and Design (BA) and Japanese Minor
- I was an Undergraduate Teaching Assistant For Fundamentals of Graphic Communication (2004-2007) - responsibilities included teaching a lecture (my chosen lecture was on interface design relating to video games), helping students with technical difficulties during lab classes, and meeting students outside of class for office hours.
- President of the UMass Video Game Club (2004-2005)